I love a good book. When it is about a subject I’m interested in, bonus! Here is a list of some of my top favorites. It is a mix of fiction, memoirs and educational.
1. Building the Bonds of Attachment by Daniel A Hughes
A fictional story of a girl who comes into a family and the intense healing that takes place through intentional attachment.
Both books are inspiring and honest in the stories told by a foster mom who loves and cares for so many children.
4. Adopted for Life by Russell D Moore
A book about the duality of adoption for a Christian. Both that Christ adopted us as His children and how we are to live that out in this world by adopting children in need.
5. Three Little Words by Ashley Rhodes-Courter
A memoir of a girl growing up in foster care.
6. To The End of June by Cris Beam
A very informative book on the foster care situation in America.
7. Fostering Love by Dr. John DeGarmo
A dad’s view on being a foster parent.
8. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
A fictional account of a girl who grew up in foster care and her eventual redemption.
9. Ten Thousand Truths by Susan White
A feel good inspirational story of an older lady who takes in hard to place kids and how her love and home bring healing.