Foster Care Awareness: Video

In August of this year, I was preparing our video announcement for the upcoming adoption of our son, when I came across a song that screamed out “THIS IS FOSTER CARE!”, and I felt the need to run to the Dropping Anchors Crew and pitch an idea for a video I wanted to shoot on our trip to Florida in September.
A video about foster care, featuring our very normal, happy, lovable children who have been adopted from foster care. We want to draw attention to foster care and the need for homes. We need GOOD homes, that will pour into children and love them like these kids have never been loved before. Is foster care hard? Yes. Is it heartbreaking? Yes. But the kids you’ll see in this video will show just how absolutely normal and beautiful and lovely these children are. Please watch the video below, and share it with others. Help us by showing others how beautiful foster care can be.

The beautiful song is “All of Me” by Matt Hammitt.

casey

Advertisements
This entry was posted in foster care and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Foster Care Awareness: Video

1. jsmres says:

I just shared this on FB. I am a momma to four; two bios and two fosters. This is exactly what the world and the church need to see. It is worth all of me.

2. KMRSH says:

I couldn’t even make it half way through….at work, trying not to cry. A gorgeous video. We are in the very beginning stages of thinking about fostering. Thank you for this.

• caseyholly says:

We hope you will continue following our blog on our journey to fostering! ❤️

• KMRSH says:

We are actually filling out our treatment foster care application this weekend. Thank you for this blog! It has helped ease many of my fears 🙂

3. I love it! Thank you! We adopted two beautiful, hilarious, wonderful kids, brother and sister through foster care. World says to wait til they get older before helping more kids out, but I find myself losing sleep lately thinking about how and when we can welcome more children here with us.

4. Jennifer Langnes says:

Can I share this with my church?

5. Thank you! What a great combination of the terrible statistics and the beauty of the children!

6. Amy says:

Just shared this on Facebook! We are in the process of becoming licensed.

7. Kim says:

I’m newly licensed and waiting for my first placement. I just sobbed throughout this…what a beautiful video!!!! Getting this message out is soooooo important! I will be sharing this.

8. Kimberly says:

I really like your video is their a way to download it? I want to see if my church will play it as me and another individual are raising awareness in the church next weekend. My only concern is they may say it is a little long. They try to keep videos to around two minutes. Not sure if you could help us out. It was so good. I searched and searched and the other videos out their do not compare to yours. I even teared up a little. Anyways let me know if this is possible. Thank you so much for sharing.

• caseyholly says:

Hi Kimberly, If you follow the video link to Vimeo, you can download from there! 🙂

• Kimberly says:

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I saw the download button on other video’s but not on yours. Maybe their is a setting that needs changed and you see it on your screen because you are logged on? Try viewing it logged out unfortunately I do not see the button it should be right below the video. If your able to fix it somehow that would be awesome if not If you could send it to me via e-mail that would be great. Thank you so much for your time. This would be played at four different church services 🙂

9. Heather Grasl says:

I think I may be wondering something similar to a previous post. Your video is AMAZING!!!! Our church is looking to possibly use the video on our Foster Care Ministry Launch day. If we were able to down load it we could use a portion of it (4 minutes is too long for what we can use). Are you able to provide a download link? My email is hgrasl@brightmoorcc.org, Thank you for creating such an amazing video!

10. FaerieGodMama says:

Loved the video!!! I am Mom to 4 beautiful toddlers awaiting permanent placement and your video really touched me.
    Greetings from Germany

11. Craig Ormsby says:

Casey,

This is a great video and we would love to share it with our church. Will you please email me when you have a minute. We are celebrating our foster ministry on Sunday, April 24th and would love to show this video.

12. Pingback: Difference Makers: A Foster Care Awareness Video | Dropping Anchors

13. Pingback: Meet the Dads: Father’s Day Special Edition | Dropping Anchors